Artisan TH designs tiny house plans and offers building enclosure packages for energy efficient Tiny Houses on Wheels, Small homes, Cottages, Cabins and Accessory buildings. Our accessory buildings include workshops, studios, offices, controlled environment grow buildings.
Our designs can easily meet energy requirements for most green building programs. They also embody the principles outlined by Sarah Susanka for beauty, light and use. We use Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) and Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) with Sierra Pacific or Alpen™ windows to achieve these energy saving goals.
We prefer simple easy to build designs that can be embellished in any style to enhance the setting. Much of our work is with owner builder.
Naturally you can build your own building with our tiny house kits. Let us show you how with our step by step process.
What do you do?
- We assist our clients in realizing their dream of affordable home ownership. Our tiny house kits are affordable to build and affordable to own and operate.
- We work with you through the design process and then assist you in getting the building enclosed by providing a cost effective SIP kit.
How do you do it?
- We do it through a systematic procedure that streamlines the design and building process. We can go from initial meeting to in for permits in as little as 30 days.
- We use pre-designed semi-custom templates as a way to simplify the process.
What types of building do you design and and turn into DIY Kits?
- Tiny House on Wheels (THoW) our standard sizes are 8’x16′ 8’x20′ and 8’x24′ 8′-4″ x 30′ 5thWheel. These are on 8′-6″ wide trailer chassis custom built for Tiny Houses. 8′-4″ wide buildings available also
- Efficient Dwelling Structures from a 12’x 16’ to a 28’ x 56’ Our line of Cabins, Cottages, Accessory Dwelling units and small homes.
- Backyard structures from a 10’ x12’ to a 32’ x 40’ shop A pole barn is not a shop. An insulated Post Framed can be.
- Hybrid Frame & Panel Structures for 1-1/2 and 2 story structures. From a True Timber Frame to Post Frame ask us how you home can be one of a kind.
Are they energy efficient?
Yes, all of our designs can be built using one of three levels of energy efficiency.
- Good exceeds current energy codes in Oregon and Washington
- Better exceeds current energy codes in Oregon and Washington by about 30%
- Best @ R-48 to 60 is designed for those who want to build toward passive house or Net Zero.
What products do you use to accomplish your energy goals?
In our tiny house kits, we use Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs), but also use Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) for basements and foundations.