At Artisan Tiny House
We design and sell stock plans that can quickly be modified to fit your site. All of our plan are designed to use Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
We also sell the SIP packages through Premier Building Systems, or Big Sky R-control for quick, easy and energy efficient construction of your building.
We have been working with SIPs for over 25 years and we have combined the benefits of Structural Insulated Panels into a step by step system that creates very energy efficient buildings that are easy, fast and affordable to construct.
As you go through our plan catalog at Artisan-SIP-Plans you will likely find a structure that is close in design to what you have been thinking about building. We can supply the drawings as drawn or we can customize the plan with you during an hour long remote session, where you can see our screen and the 3d model. We can provide everything from initial design to full working drawings including preliminary SIP details. In most areas we can provide the building package through one of our affiliate SIP fabricators, ready to assemble. The great part is, the entire enclosure of your Tiny House can easily go together in a few days, and have you out of the weather, and on to the fun part of building out your home or backyard structure with your special features.
No matter which of our Building Categories you are interested in the process is basically the same
- Find a plan that is close to what you want to build.
- Download a Discovery Page, play with it, sketch on it, talk to your friends and family. If it looks like something you want to move forward with, continue on to the next step. If it is not going to work out your only out the cost of a cup of fancy coffee.
- Download a Design Set (schematic drawings), this set has larger drawings, and more pages and dimensions for you to use to obtain budget prices for your project. We can also talk about the SIP package options and a price for the package at this point
These drawings with a site plan, will give you enough information to talk to your city or county about building your building in your zone. Your jurisdiction will tell you about height restrictions and setbacks etc. If the project is still a go. move to the next step.
- Give me a call about customizing the plan for your site.
(Click here for the Tiny House on Wheels process it varies a little)
- At that time I can give you a price for a full set of Drawings and Construction Documents. Each state and jurisdiction has different requirements for documents to be submitted.
- Engineering may be required for some projects.
- Once the construction documents are in for a permit, you can start clearing the land and get set up for the foundation.
- The first round of drawings for the Structural Insulated Panels can be a part of the submittals. We would submit the architectural drawings and the preliminary SIP shops to the manufacturer to have there SIP shop drawings made up at this time. These are the drawing the manufacturer uses to cut the panels. When the drawings are finished, we have reviewed them and you have signed off on them they are ready for production.
- At this point you should have a building permit and be ready to start construction.
- While you and your contractor are pouring concrete the Manufacturer will will start panel production.
- SIP production usually takes 3-5 weeks depending on the time of year and the size of your project.
- When the SIPs arrive I can sometimes be on site for a nominal fee, to show you and your crew how to assemble them. See on site coaching.